Monday, October 5, 2015

Backyard Buddies!

     Well, alas... it's official! Summer's over. I've probably mentioned before, but I'm not the biggest fan of the colder months. However, I do love the festivities of the fall and winter seasons, so this is a pretty bittersweet time for me.

     Turns out, not only am I a fan of the summer, but so are those little robot friends I've mentioned before that hang around my office. I was able to catch a couple of photos of the little guys enjoying the great outdoors!





     So I figure if I'm going to keep drawing these little guys, then I need to call them something more clever than, derrrr... tiny robots! The best idea I currently have is "Nanos." Technically, nano-bots are quite a bit smaller than I'm depicting these guys to be... but technically, robots don't have mustaches either, so I say it'll do until something better comes along. Enjoy the Nanos!






2 comments:

Kyle Morgan said...

I like Plunker the best. Do you have a story for your "Nanos?" That could help you come up with a name. Nanos isn't bad. I'd be surprised if there wasn't already something out there with that name though. How about 'Gnombots' or 'Gremzoids?' I've always liked coming up with creature names. Anyways, plunker is my favorite. Nice work.

Nathan H. Boyd said...

Thanks! No. I don't really have a story yet. It's pretty much just a concept at this point. I agree that Nanos sounds too... obvious. I'm going to give it some more work. I'd like to have some kind of nonsense word, like "Muppet," "Smurf," or "Fraggle" that doesn't mean anything but has just the right sound to sum the characters up. We'll see. Thanks for commenting!