Monday, March 27, 2017

The Good Duck Artist

     When I say “The Good Duck Artist” in the title, I don’t mean myself. Although, all modesty aside, I’m not necessarily a bad one. 

     No the artist I’m referring to is the great Carl Barks! I’ve talked before about my love for Disney’s Ducktales, the famous animated series featuring the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and Company, but if it weren’t for the comic book stories of Carl Barks, there’d be no Ducktales! That, quite frankly, is a world I wouldn’t care to live in. 

     Scrooge McDuck, the Beagle Boys, Magica DeSpell – all of them were created by Mr. Barks who, for most of his career, had to work anonymously. Anonymous or not, readers began to recognize his work and eventually started referring to him simply as “The Good Duck Artist.” 

     Today would have been the legend’s birthday, so I thought I’d pay a little tribute with some of my aforementioned Not Bad Duck Art. Hope you enjoy.

Scrooge McDuck
Huey
Dewey
Louie

No comments: